PHASE I: PRELIMS – ONLINE SOLUTION SUBMISSION
- This is an online solution submission round.
- Students can form teams of 2 to 5 student members from the same or different institutions and working professionals can form teams of 2 to 5 from the same or different organisations to participate in this edition.
- The challenges will be open pan-India and the participating teams can fill out the solution submission form, after registration.
- Pan-India challenge dates:
Challenge open date: 19th October 2022
Challenge close date: 31st December 2022
JUDGING CRITERIA FOR PRELIMS:
Evaluation of students and working professionals will be done separately
A panel of judges (consisting of members from Group Innovation Office, Corporate Brand and marketing team, Customer centricity team, experts from companies, and others) will evaluate each submission using a combination of judging criteria:
- Rich technical content – It is expected that the teams will submit a theoretical solution to the challenge. The evaluation, in the prelims, will be solely done by reviewing the content of the description. Please ensure the description is very well articulated. Please include as many technical details as possible.
- The simplicity of the solution – It must be uncomplicated, not require any major changes to the business operations, and be logistically feasible.
- Ease of Implementation – Should not take too much time or effort to implement it.
- Cost Effectiveness – Not overwhelmingly expensive.
- Innovation – how creative and innovative the solution is, will also determine the final selection.
PHASE II: EVALUATION AND ANNOUNCEMENT
Based on the quality of entries, as per the judging criteria, the top teams from each challenge will receive email communication after the evaluation of all submissions.
- Announcement of Shortlisted Teams: To be confirmed
- Final Events: January 2023 first week – To be confirmed
PHASE III: PREPARATION PERIOD FOR PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT OR PROOF OF CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT (TBD)
- Shortlisted teams can work on their prototypes and solutions during this period.
- Teams will be waitlisted in case the top teams fail to work on the prototype/solution during the interim period before the actual events.
PHASE IV: ZONAL FINALS (To be confirmed)
- There will be four Zonal Finals.
- All shortlisted teams are required to be ready with their prototypes and/or solutions on the day of the event. A prototype, whether digital or physical, can be used to demonstrate your solution.
- Each prototype/solution will be reviewed by the jury
- After evaluating the prototypes/solutions, judges will shortlist the top teams for the pitch session..
- Top teams get a chance to pitch their prototype/solution to the judges.
- The winning solution(s)/prototype(s) will be announced at the end of each zonal final.
- There will be two winning teams from each zone, one campus team and one corporate team.
- The most innovative prototype/solution from the campus teams and corporate teams, each winning team will be awarded a cash prize of up to Rs. 70,000*.
- The judges will evaluate based on simplicity/feasibility, cost of the solution, innovation, and other criteria mentioned in Phase I.
PHASE V: NATIONAL FINALS (To be confirmed)
- The 2 winning teams from each of the four zones will compete in the National Final. (1 each from corporate and campus)
- There will be 1 winning team at the National Final each for a campus team and a corporate team.
- The National Winning teams will be awarded a cash prize of up to Rs.1.5 lakhs*.
* Prizes will be distributed on the basis of the quality of the entries, and at the full discretion of the Judges and the Organisers. Participants are cautioned against anyone claiming to represent as Organisers and making any false assurances. Prizes will be subject to tax deductions applicable at the source.
Note: Please refer to the following sections to know more –
Rules and Eligibility
Terms and Conditions
Registrations open date – October 19, 2022
Registrations close date – November 19, 2022
Evaluations and Communication to shortlisted teams – By Early December 2022
||To be confirmed
||To be confirmed
||To be confirmed
||To be confirmed
||To be confirmed
Prize money for each zonal final
There will be two winning teams from each zone, one campus team and one corporate team
The most innovative prototype/solution from the campus teams and corporate teams, each winning team will be awarded cash prize of up to Rs. 70,000*.
Prize money for National Final
The 2 winning teams from each of the four zones will compete in the National Final.
There will be 2 winning teams at the National Final, one from each campus team and corporate team.
The National Winning teams will be awarded cash prize of up to Rs.1.5 lakhs*.
* Prizes will be distributed on the basis of the quality of the entries, and at the full discretion of the Judges and the Organizers. Participants are cautioned against anyone claiming to represent as Organizers making any false assurances. Prizes will be subject to tax deductions applicable at source.
For details visit terms and conditions.
- The Tata Crucible Hackathon 2022 (Hackathon/Event), is open to all full-time students of business schools, engineering and graduate colleges, including college students from all disciplines, across India and all full-time working professionals from corporates, SMEs and start-ups
- There is NO ENTRY FEE.
- Tata Crucible Hackathon is a team event where any 2 to 5 students can form a team to take part in the Hackathon. Similarly, any 2 to 5 working professionals can form a team to part in the Hackathon. Team members can be from different institutes/ corporates for the Tata Crucible Hackathon.
- Students and corporates cannot form combined teams during the online registration and idea submission phase.
- The challenge will be open pan-India and the participating teams can submit their solutions to the challenge(s) of their choice.
- A team can submit only one solution per challenge. The solution once submitted cannot be changed. If you wish to amend the solution, then you need to resubmit the entire solution again.
- An individual cannot be a member of more than one team.
- Team composition cannot change once the solution has been submitted.
- Teams have to select their location of participation basis the zone in which their institute/corporate falls under.
- After the online registrations and idea submission round is over, shortlisted teams will be communicated via email whether they have made it to the final events in their Zone.
- All participants are required to provide a valid College photo ID or Company ID as the case may be, along with other identity proof and produce the same on demand, whenever asked for.
- The organisers retain the right to make any changes to the event, its format, date, rules and in any matter related to this event, at any time before or during the event.
- Organisers reserve the right to accept or reject any application to registration and/or entry to the event proceedings.
- By entering the event venue and/or participating in the quiz/hackathon, the attendees permit themselves to be photographed /video graphed /recorded by electronic and print mediums for telecast/publication and other display usages of the organisers.
- Once you register for the event you indicate your acceptance that the decision of the organisers and jury will be final and binding on all issues related to the Tata Crucible Hackathon and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
- All the teams are required to make their own travel and stay arrangements.
- By registering for the event, you also indicate your acceptance that the organisers can send you communication from time to time regarding Tata Crucible or any other initiatives by the organisers.
- Prizes once awarded will be final and there would be no exchange/substitution of the prizes to the winners.
- Participants will need to ensure and assume full responsibility for submitting original ideas and solutions, which should not infringe on any individual or organisation’s copyright or IPR in any manner. Organisers will not take any responsibility for checks in this regard and any violations may be rejected at the complete discretion of organisers and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Neither the organisers nor the sponsors, or employees of the organisers and sponsors may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of the prize by the winner once delivered by the organisers.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the organisers may substitute the prize at their discretion.
- All tax liabilities where applicable will be the responsibility of the prize recipients.
- Management, employees and families of the organisers (Corporate Brand and Marketing at Tata Sons Private Limited and Tata Services Ltd, Group Innovation Office and identified agency partners for the event) are prohibited from taking part in the hackathon.
- In case of certain circumstances, if the entire Event or a part of it is being organised on a digital platform. The participants agree that the Organisers would in no way be responsible for the internet connectivity that is required at all stages of the Event. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to equip themselves with robust internet facilities to take part in the event.
- The organiser reserves the right to alter/ amend/ modify any rules of any contest at any time without any notice whatsoever.
- If any contestant has any questions or suggestions about the event, they are welcome to connect with firstname.lastname@example.org
- The organiser reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this event at any time without prior notice.
- In all matters, the decision of the organisers would be final.
Note: Please refer to the following sections to know more – Terms and Conditions