Tata Crucible seeks to bring together the sharpest young minds to take on the heat of a tough business quiz. The Quiz made its debut in India in 2004 and successfully generated a huge response in the very first year itself. It has since become an annual event. The Tata Crucible Campus Quiz made its international debut with the Singapore edition in 2007 and has been an annual event in the calendar of Singapore educational institutions for the past 10+ years. The Dubai Quiz is the third international destination after Singapore and UK.
The Quiz is a part of the Tata group's engagement with the youth as a knowledge initiative to encourage lateral associations, speed of thought and out-of-the-box thinking.
About the Tata group
Founded by Jamsetji Tata in 1868, the Tata group is a global enterprise, headquartered in India, comprising 30 companies across ten verticals.
The group operates in more than 100 countries across six continents, with a mission 'To improve the quality of life of the communities we serve globally, through long-term stakeholder value creation based on Leadership with Trust’.
Tata Sons is the principal investment holding company and promoter of Tata companies. Sixty-six percent of the equity share capital of Tata Sons is held by philanthropic trusts, which support education, health, livelihood generation and art and culture.
In 2020-21, the revenue of Tata companies, taken together, was $103 billion (INR 7.8 trillion). These companies collectively employ over 800,000 people.
Each Tata company or enterprise operates independently under the guidance and supervision of its own board of directors. There are 29 publicly-listed Tata enterprises with a combined market capitalisation of $242 billion (INR 17.8 trillion) as on March 31, 2021.
Companies includeTata Consultancy Services, Tata Motors, Tata Steel, Tata Chemicals, Tata Consumer Products, Titan, Tata Capital, Tata Power, Tata Advanced Systems, Indian Hotels and Tata Communications.
Tata presence in Middle East and North Africa
Middle East and North Africa (MENA), especially the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, represent a huge and expanding market for the Tata group.
The Tata group has been present in this region for over 50 years. It currently operates through 23 companies across eight sectors with more than 12,000 employees in 30+ countries and combined revenues in excess of $3 billion.
The Tata group has played a pivotal role in shaping the landscape of the region through its MEP expertise and customized steel solutions for some of the world’s tallest structures in demanding weather conditions.
It is helping empower women to support the digital transformation of the region through its all-women IT services center in Saudi Arabia. It is also helping power connectivity of all major telcos through its sub-sea cables, while also running a 24/7 cybersecurity response to protect the region.
It has been redefining mobility with its award-winning range of SUVs and reliable, rugged commercial vehicles suited to challenging desert terrains.
It also offers its unique Indian warmth & hospitality, and jewelry design sensibilities to charm the global travelers to the region.
- Technology – Tata Consultancy Services serves over 150 clients across 12 countries with over 7,000 consultants to create value for their enterprises and their stakeholders. Tata Communications offers a full suite of network and managed services, including Hosting and Security, Collaboration, Mobility, IoT Solutions, and Advanced network monitoring and optimization solutions, as a digital ecosystem enabler.
- Automotive - Jaguar Land Rover is present across 18 countries in the region, through 44 dealerships. Land Rover has been engraved into the region's history, and the current Range Rover family portfolio is one of the most awarded SUV line up of vehicles in the MENA region. Tata Motors offers products with the reliability and ruggedness necessary for operating in local weather conditions and terrains, and its commercial vehicles are sold across GCC and North Africa.
- Materials – Tata Steel Middle East functions as a single window for Tata Steel group products and it provides differentiated steel products and service solutions as per the region's requirements. Tata International is one of the largest suppliers of Hot Rolled Products, Structurals, Deformed Bars, Wire Rods and Steel Raw materials.
- Infrastructure – Voltas’ MEP expertise is behind some of the most iconic projects in the Middle East landscape, including Burj Khalifa, Ferrari World, Doha Festival City, Kempinski Hotel, and Vendome Mall Doha. International Shipping & Logistics is a dry bulk shipping company that provides customized solutions to carry over 20 different commodities and transports about 7 million MT of dry cargo per annum.
- Consumer & Retail – Titan markets all its major watch brands in the Middle East and has launched its first international jewelry store, Tanishq, in UAE. Tata Consumer Products is present in all the GCC countries, and its flagship brands in the region include Tata Tea, Tetley, Tata Salt, Kanan Devan, and Soulfull.
- Travel & Hospitality – Indian Hotels operates the award-winning Taj Dubai and the recently launched Taj Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai. Both have featured on the list of top 10% hotels worldwide at the annual TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2021. Vistara has recently launched services to Dubai, Sharjah and Doha, and plans to expand this route aggressively.
- Tata Elxsi, Tata Technologies, mjunction, Tata Chemicals, Tata Projects, Tata Consulting Engineers, Tata Power also have a presence in the region.
- Tata Sons has a representative office in Dubai, UAE. It acts as an enabler for market entry and growth for Tata group companies in the region.