Tata Crucible Hackathon Terms & Conditions
BY REGISTERING, YOU (THE “PARTICIPANT” OR “YOU” OR “MEMBER” OR “TEAM”) AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THE TATA CRUCIBLE HACKATHON (THE “TATA CRUCIBLE HACKATHON” OR THE “EVENT”). THE TATA CRUCIBLE HACKATHON IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- TEAMS: A maximum of 5 participants, and a minimum of 2 participants, can form a team. Participant/s have to register on the Tata Crucible Hackathon website (hereinafter ‘website’) and fill in their details. Participant/s registering for the Tata Crucible Hackathon will receive a confirmation email on their registered email id. All members of a team have to validate their registrations by clicking on the confirmation email. Failure to do so will result in the team's disqualification and submitted solutions. Management, employees and families of the Organizers (Corporate Brand and Marketing Team at Tata Sons Private Limited and Tata Services Ltd, Group Innovation Office (GIO), and identified agency partners for the event) are prohibited from taking part in the hackathon. The participant/s cannot switch teams after registration, no addition or deletion of the participants in the registered teams shall be allowed once the form is submitted. All members must meet the eligibility criteria. If any team member is ineligible or fails to comply with the rules, the team as a whole may be disqualified. Each team is solely responsible for its own cooperation and teamwork. No special requests for consideration will be accommodated at the venue.
- WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT AND VERIFICATION: Potential winners will be announced on the day of the event, after the judging has been completed for each phase. The Organizers may take any actions necessary to verify participant /s and /or /team /s compliance with the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking before awarding a prize, including, without limitation, requiring a participant to provide evidence of permission to use certain third-party materials. Participant /s and /or /team /s understands and acknowledges that even though the team may be announced as a winner, if the team’s/individual’s compliance with the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Organizers, then the Judges will select an alternative winner with the next highest score based on the same judging criteria. The decisions of the judges shall be final, and Organizers will not correspond with the participants about the decisions of the judges or the determination of the winners.
- PRIZE DETAILS & CONDITIONS:There will be two winning teams from each zone, one campus team and one corporate team. The most innovative prototype/solution from the campus teams and corporate teams, each winning team will be awarded cash prize up to Rs. 70,000*.
The 2 winning teams from each of the four zones will compete in the National Final. There will be 2 winning teams at the National Final one from each campus team or corporate team. The National Winning teams will be awarded cash prize of up to Rs.1.5 lakhs*.
* Prizes will be distributed on the basis of the quality of the entries, and at the full discretion of the Judges and the Organizers. Participants are cautioned against anyone claiming to represent as Organizers making any false assurances. Prizes will be subject to tax deductions applicable at source.
The Organizers reserves the right to substitute a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable value. All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/ or use of any prize are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted by winner. If a prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time (as determined by the Organizers in their sole discretion) after notification from the Organizers, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternative winner may be selected from the remaining eligible submissions at the Organizer’s sole discretion.
- SUBMISSION AND DISQUALIFICATIONS: The team/s submission must comply with the following rules and may be disqualified if the Organizers have reason to believe, in their sole discretion, that the submission does not comply with the following requirements:
- Adhere to the terms of the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking and any additional rules stated at the beginning of the Tata Crucible Hackathon;
- Not contain, depict or refer to any crude, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, offensive, illegal or otherwise unsuitable language activity or other content
- Not contain, depict or refer to any content which disparages or refers negatively to the Organizers, or any other person or entity; and
- Not contain any content that violates any law or any third party’s rights (including privacy, personality and intellectual property rights).
ALL DISQUALIFICATION DECISIONS OF THE ORGANIZERSARE FINAL, NOT SUBJECT TO APPEAL.The Organizers reserves the right to cancel, suspend, modify, or terminate the Tata Crucible Hackathon at any time for any reason, in its sole discretion.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION - The participant /s and /or /team /s acknowledges and agree that his/ her name and contact information will be collected when upon registration for the Tata Crucible Hackathon. The team may use or disclose this information to its affiliates, service providers and/or advisors globally solely for purposes of (i) fulfilling its regulatory obligations in connection with the Tata Crucible/Tata Crucible Hackathon; (ii) as otherwise required to conduct the Tata Crucible Hackathon, including to confirm the eligibility of participant and to communicate with participant regarding the Tata Crucible Hackathon, (iii) to be contacted via email for marketing purposes in connection with future events, Tata Crucible Hackathons and other services that may be of interest, and (iv) to exercise its rights under the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking, including any further contact of the participant in connection with any commercial use of the submission (v) for publicity of the event over media (vi) For declaration of results of the Tata Crucible Hackathon through Social media and Websites. (vii) For notifications regarding Tata Crucible, Tata Crucible Hackathon, any surveys and any other communication of Tata group of companies. Except as contemplated above, personal information will not be sold, rented or provided to anyone for commercial or marketing purposes.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, caste, colour, language, region, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, photography or audio/video recording against reasonable consent, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: The failure of the Organizers to comply with any provision of the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities beyond the control of the Organizers (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking. The Organizers assumes no responsibility for any injury or damage to any person’s computer relating to or resulting from downloading materials or software in connection with the Tata Crucible Hackathon. The Organizers is not responsible for telecommunication, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of submission information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking; for any human or electronic error; or for submissions that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned.
- The Organizers reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Tata Crucible Hackathon or any element thereof (including, without limitation, the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking). The organizing team may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Tata Crucible Hackathon or take any other action it deems appropriate, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for the terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking; or engages in annoying, abusive, threatening, or harassing behaviour with respect to any other entrant, the Organizers; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by the Organizers in their sole discretion).
- NOVEL / ORIGINAL / IPR: Each submission shall be entirely novel/ original work of the participant /s and /or /team /s. Any intellectual property generated while developing the solution, will be owned by solution providers. However, there would be situations where in, Tata companies and GIO might also add ideas, innovations, information, materials or potential patent claims and evolve the idea/solution, in which case the outcome would be a jointly owned intellectual property [IP] between the solution provider and the company (any Tata group company). The process of filing will be governed by respective parties i.e. the participating team and Tata companies.
- It is understood that the prototype you are demonstrating will be viewed by all those present at the Tata Crucible Hackathon event. The participants are responsible for protecting their prototype and the IP relating to it. Participants also agree and own the responsibility of reviewing the infringement, copyright, duplication and any violation of IP law there-in. Tata Crucible or GIO teams will be free to use, copy, share, the prototype in whichever manner they deem fit.
- The Participant/s releases and holds the Organizers /Tata Crucible Hackathon harmless from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory, and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to including but not limited to disputes among individuals claiming to have contributed to the submissions, misappropriation, infringement, or other violation of any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other right of any person attributable to the Participant/s or the submissions. If anyone makes any claim against Tata Crucible Hackathon/ Organizers arising out of or relating to any of the causes attributable to the submissions of the Participant/s, the respective Participant/s undertakes to indemnify the Organizers against any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: These terms and conditions of participation/ Undertaking will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India and in the event of any claim, action or dispute arising under or relating to this terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts at Mumbai.