'They have started to enjoy their quizzing at Nagpur and that is best way to improve' observed Pickbrain while one of the finalists said 'Tata Crucible is a big and everyone of us looks forward to it eagerly'. These reactions summarized the growing popularity for business quizzing in this region.
A very interesting prelim with a few questions based on Maharastra made the teams think hard and they sure enjoyed every bit of it.
The six finalists were:
The final was all about watchfulness and measured aggression. The first few rounds resulted in a scenario of a three way battle between Bhilai Steel (B & C) and Think Consultants. Team Think were leading into the first two rounds as the buzzers came into play.
- Think Consultants: Parag Paranjpee and Ranjit Dani
- Bhilai Steel Plantam (A): Sanjay Shamkuwar and Manoj Kumar Prasad
- Infocepts: Shivam Sharma and Akshay Deshmukh
- Bhilai Steel Plant (B): Sandeep Kumar Jain and Harpreet Singh
- Persistent: Karthik Vyas and Gaurav
- Bhilai Steel Plant (C): SPS Jaggi and Chandrashekar
The BSP duo of Jaggi and Chandrashekar powered themselves to the lead with in the Tata round. Think Consultants did crack a couple but could not sustain that momentum and it proved to be a too little too late story for them. In retrospect, this team would sure feel they could have pushed for more and backed themselves on the buzzer a trifle faster.
In the final round, Jaggi and Chandrashekar sealed the quiz with a few good answers to make it to the national final.
- WINNER: Bhilai Steel Plant - SPS Jaggi and Chandrashekar
- RUNNER UP: Think Consultants - Parag Paranjpee and Ranjit Dani