Exhilarating and exciting to the very final question, the Indore edition of Tata Crucible for corporate houses was an absolute thriller, finally won by Volvo Eicher beating two young professors from Vivekananda Institute.
A quick prelim saw the following teams make it to the final...
The final was a cracker from the word go. Vivekananda fired the first salvo off the very first question to set the quiz rolling. This was followed by some brilliant answers by Rajwani Exports, BHEL Bhopal and Volvo Eicher as Vivekananda established a slender lead over the others.
- Vivekananda Institute: Ashish Vaidya and Ashish Mahajan
- Charismatic Financials: Awadesh Biyani and Abhinav Biyani
- BHEL Bhopal: Vivek Pathak and Debasish Mandal
- Volvo Eicher Commerical Vehicles: Vivek Krishnan and Omkar Nerurkar
- Mittal Appliances: Nirav Desai and Ankit Mittal
- Rajwani Exports: Vijay Rajwani and Pramod Sahi
The quiz moved into the buzzer rounds and the pressure began to tell. Regular finalists Mittal Appliances and Charismatic seemed off colour as they tried to push their way through but could not find their regular touch. With two rounds left, the professors and VECV were locked on the same score as the other teams could not maintain the momentum across rounds.
Both VECV and the professors adopted a guarded approach for the next couple of questions and moved ahead in burst of 5 points to set up a do or die situation for themselves in the final question. As the audience sat at the edge of their seats wondering who would clinch the battle, the VECV duo took the initiative (and the risk) to crack the final question and make it to the national final. The professor from Vivekananda summarized it with true humility when he stated 'Who dares wins!'.
The guest of honour Mr.Mohan from Tata International urged the young corporate to keep learning and appreciated the teams for the high quality quizzing.
- WINNER: Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles - Vivek Krishnan and Omkar Nerurkar
- RUNNER UP: Vivekananda Institute - Ashish Vaidya and Ashish Mahajan